Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_postsFilter() expected to be a reference, value given in /web/htdocs/www.aisdesign.org/home/aisd/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 303
- AIS/Design. Storia e Ricerche: è online il nuovo sito
- Position of Assistant Professor in Design History and Theory at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Per una cultura aperta e progressista. Il Bauhaus e Tomás Maldonado
- Olivetti Identities: Spaces and Languages (1933-1983) International Symposium
- VV100. A come architettura Vittoriano Viganò: una retrospettiva
- BAUHAUS (1919-1933) Storia, pedagogia, avanguardie
- BUILDING THE CONTEMPORARY DWELLING. NEW THEMES AND METHODS OF THE PROJECT
- La cucina. Storia culturale di un luogo domestico
- Programma IV Convegno AIS/Design “Italia: Design, politica e democrazia nel XX secolo”
- Spazi Eloquenti. CASE | ATELIER | STUDI DEL FABER. FRA SISTEMA E VALORIZZAZIONE
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /web/htdocs/www.aisdesign.org/home/aisd/wp-content/plugins/microkids-related-posts/microkids-related-posts.php on line 645
2nd Conference of AIS/Design
Milan, November 28-29, 2013
Politecnico di Milano and Triennale di Milano – Saletta Lab
The 2nd Conference of the Italian Association of Design Historians (AIS/Design) will be held in Milan on November 28-29, 2013. The conference will focus on the role of history in the education of the designer as well as on the history of design schools. With these themes AIS/Design aims to contribute to call attention on, and to discuss, the broader issue of the gradual loss of relevance that the social sciences are undergoing within contemporary culture, and particularly in the field of education and research.
On the first day, the AIS/Design thematic committees, coordinated by Pier Paolo Peruccio and Dario Russo, will discuss these topics on the basis of the mapping work they have carried out of the teaching of design history in Italy and abroad. This meeting will be held at the Politecnico di Milano (via Durando 10, 4th floor, room adjacent to the Dean’s office).
On November 29, at the Triennale (viale Alemagna 6, Lab room), the conference “Design History: A Discipline in the Making” will gather Italian scholars and theorists – including Giovanni Anceschi, Claudio Giunta, Pierluigi Nicolin – with the aim to discuss the role of history and the humanities in the context of contemporary globalized culture and in the specific field of design education.
The conference is free and open to all.