Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_postsFilter() expected to be a reference, value given in /web/htdocs/www.aisdesign.org/home/aisd/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
- Abstract submission postponed AIS/Design History and Research #13 “Social Design. Design and common good “
- BUILDING THE CONTEMPORARY DWELLING. NEW THEMES AND METHODS OF THE PROJECT
- La cucina. Storia culturale di un luogo domestico
- Programma IV Convegno AIS/Design “Italia: Design, politica e democrazia nel XX secolo”
- Spazi Eloquenti. CASE | ATELIER | STUDI DEL FABER. FRA SISTEMA E VALORIZZAZIONE
- AIS/Design. Storia e Ricerche – n.13
- Storia, scuola e politica in Italia nel XXI secolo. Aspettando il convegno AIS/Design (Torino, 28-29 giugno 2019) Italia. Design, politica e democrazia nel XX secolo
- AWDA 2019 is open!
- Mostrare la storia. Esperienze, dialoghi, visioni
- Il design dei Castiglioni. Ricerca \ Sperimentazione \ Metodo
Graphic Design: History and Practice
one-day conference, May 19, 2014
Faculty of Design and Art of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
Graphic Design: History and Practice is a one-day conference organised at the Faculty of Design and Art of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano that will focus on the relationship of graphic design history and practice, their convergences and tensions.
The conference will gather international graphic design historians as well as designers who have been dealing with design history through writing, publishing, editorial and curatorial activities for a long time. Structured in two main panels, each including speeches and a discussion, the conference will address such issues as: narratives, methods, teaching and education, preservation and curation, gender issues, digital media, national contexts, critical practice, ethics, and audience.
Invited speakers are: Richard Hollis (keynote speaker), Gerda Breuer, Esther Cleven, Annick Lantenois, Mario Piazza, Adrian Shauhghnessy.
The conference is conceived and organised by Antonino Benincasa, Giorgio Camuffo and Christian Upmeier, all associate professors of visual communication at the Faculty of Design and Art of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Maddalena Dalla Mura, research collaborator at the same Faculty, and Carlo Vinti, researcher at the Università di Camerino.
The conference is organised in collaboration with:
AIAP – Associazione italiana Progettazione per la comunicazione visiva
AIS/Design – Associazione italiana Storici del design
GdDG – Gesellschaft für Design Geschichte
Conference attendance is free. Registration is required.
More information at: http://graphic-design-history-and-practice.unibz.it/